Summary of Qualifications
Highly motivated and results-oriented professional possessing exceptional management skills and construction engineering knowledge. Ability to direct corporate stratagies , build teams, and track long term goals. Experience in emerging technologies including VDC+O workflow and integration. Extremely versatile, results driven individual, with excellent record of managing multiple, shifting priorities among clients, internal groups and projects.
Rossetti – Detroit, Michigan – Aug 2014 – June 2018
Design Technology Manager
Oversee administration of project BIM coordination process. Promote increased Integration between architecture, engineering and construction (including fabrication). Develop and implements BIM Best Practice standards and updates as necessary, including organizing families and BIM training. Develop and implements the BIM Execution Plan for projects. Manage all licensing, purchasing and documentation of all CAD, BIM and project design related software including but not limited to all Autodesk products, Rhino, Sketchup, V-Ray, RPC, Adobe, Bluebeam and any other software integrated with those tools or required for collaboration. Support, troubleshoot and train staff on all software for the above software. Being proactive in keeping the staff up to date, knowledgeable and efficient in use of the software. This includes training for new employees, incorporating new updates or patches, version changes and/or alterations to software. Be primary resource for technical support assistance, problem resolution and interface with re-sellers and outside support sources.
Chosen by an industry-leading (AEC) architectural engineering firm to assume responsibilities Managing 3D BIM
Integrated teams and technologies, designing building systems, and integrating lean workflows. Duties entail Running 3D building clash/coordination sessions, providing software support, analyzing engineering systems, setting up guidelines, developing custom applications, networks and databases, coordinating project data, reengineering projects for e-Business operations and performing 3D object-oriented design modeling utilizing advanced technologies and progressive workflows.
- Configured and managed remote project collaboration extranet database and document control environment.
- Developed and Implemented paperless shop drawing review process.
- Implemented collaborative web portal, increasing visibility and accessibility of project information for clients and vendors.
- Lead a Lean Process mapping task force through applying concepts of Lean methodologies, Supply Chain Management and e-Business information management.
- Instituted an innovative electronic document delivery system providing comprehensive standards for creation-to-archive.
Senior Mechanical Designer/CAD Software Systems Analyst
Joined one of the leading design firms in Detroit area to manage system development projects. Scope of responsibility included designing mechanical systems, developing and maintaining electronic drawings, managing ISO 9001-compliant documentation, developing policies and procedures for technical operations, maintaining in-house and client-specific CAD standards including AIA design of building mechanical systems, writing CAD manuals and interacting with users for requirements gathering.
- Trained and supported the 3D BIM Modeling.
- Led development of a unified multi-discipline engineering workspace that allowed centralizing intranet documentation instrumental in obtaining ISO 9001 certification.
- Earned management’s recognition for creating workspace documentation eliminating the need for hard copies and improving documentation control and information dissemination.
Great Lakes Consulting & Technical Services – Dearborn, Michigan 1992 – 1994
Selected to customize, configure and implement an AutoCAD system. Position involved analyzing client’s requirements, plotting and designing drawings for construction projects, developing standards for controlled project data, designing templates, documenting enhancements and training new employees.
- Provided comprehensive drawings for construction projects facilitating prompt approval by authorities.
Mancini Alkateeb – Southfield, Michigan 1992 – 1994
Software Consultant/Design Contractor
Brought in to perform AutoCAD design for a commercial construction company. Responsibilities included maintaining AutoCAD designs database, updating and supporting user interface and leading fast-track projects providing detailed drafts.
Emery/Datagraphic – Birmingham, Michigan 1989 – 1991
Recruited by a division of major electric company to supervise a shift of seven employees. Duties encompassed scheduling daily assignments, tracking and recording job progress and performing GIS mapping utilizing Intergraph and Interact workstations.
- Effectively led large-scale projects on mapping electrical facilities of South-Eastern Michigan and preparing DNR civil maps.
University of Phoenix – Phoenix, Arizona 2005
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology